Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sachin - the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything



Yep, you guessed it right, I am a fanboy and an immensely proud one at that.

Popeye, Captain Planet, Shakthiman and yes, Sachin completed my quartret of heroes as I was growing up.

While all of them had their own endearing characters, it was this man I wanted to touch meet and greet, for I ……No most of US grew up with him exulted with him wept with him

I grew up at a time when the most common thing about the coconut bats we used for cricket back home in Kerala had MRF emblazoned on it in some way or the other, such was the hold the maestro had among us… His bat, his gestures, his cap everything was up for imitation among us.

When he hit a century out comes the bats and balls and the fiesta starts, when he get out, off goes the TV. He cut and drove straight into our hearts.

He taunted the pigeon, he blasted the Rawalpindi Express, humbled Warne and gave many a sleepless night to his opponents and still they loved him for you couldn’t hate the man
.
As I close this I only have this to say as a proof of his lasting legacy
                     "For many, cricket became just a game after he exited."

   

No comments:

Post a Comment